Best Beta ? .. for the italian lovers..

http://betausa.com/content/enduro-model-history-0

foo foo topic.. but  .. What's the best model in your humble or not humble opinion.  I just looked on the beta usa site and looked at the different Betas over the years....and I think overall that the 300 rr  is my favorite.. but  my first generation 09 525 RS  is probably the best for overall use.. street legal dirt bike wise...just being too practical.. the 300 rr it is in my case..

They all shine differently in different terrain. I am partial to mid size displacement 4t, 390 or 430, as with FI and e-start they are truly fire and forget ride. Once the 300 2t comes with FI/OI, then I think it would be the best all around of em all.

But to truly enjoy the Beta range, you need one each ! 

• Like 2

They all shine differently in different terrain. I am partial to mid size displacement 4t, 390 or 430, as with FI and e-start they are truly fire and forget ride. Once the 300 2t comes with FI/OI, then I think it would be the best all around of em all.

But to truly enjoy the Beta range, you need one each ! 

I have 3 Betas and that's crazy enough at this point.. sort of a balance in a way.. a 300rr  . a 350 rr and a 525 RS.. sort of a good spread.. of any other bike..I think I might like a 15' 500 RS.. last of the big bore carb bikes and street legal... I think that would be the only bike I might like in addition to what I have.. or if I got rid of a couple of bikes... my 01 300 gasgas should go.. but I'd probably get almost nothing for it.. or maybe get rid of my 525.. but that bike is just a great bike . It's not as nimble and as much power on top as a new Beta biggest bore.. but other than that the bike is just solid and so fun to ride.

Best Beta????

Hmmm, would the one or three we have safely in our garages count? Lol!

Some of us only ride in one type of terrain 99% of the time, and some of us ride varied terrains and conditions so the best Beta? Hmmm. 

But just one? :rant:

Asking that is just plain mean!  :naughty:

But all joking aside the most influential one over the last few years most likely have been the 300RR in many peoples eyes....

• Like 1

hawiaiidirtrider i have watched several of your Hawaii videos and i cant help but see the similarities in the trails in southern ohio...

obviously the dirt and the type of vegetation is different but the stuff we ride in is just as thick and tight .

what kind of tire selections do you guys run

• Like 1

http://betausa.com/content/enduro-model-history-0

foo foo topic.. but  .. What's the best model in your humble or not humble opinion.  I just looked on the beta usa site and looked at the different Betas over the years....and I think overall that the 300 rr  is my favorite.. but  my first generation 09 525 RS  is probably the best for overall use.. street legal dirt bike wise...just being too practical.. the 300 rr it is in my case..

I didn't see the Xtrainer in the list. Not that I would pick that one, my choice actually would just be any 2 stroke model.

• Like 1

hawiaiidirtrider i have watched several of your Hawaii videos and i cant help but see the similarities in the trails in southern ohio...

obviously the dirt and the type of vegetation is different but the stuff we ride in is just as thick and tight .

what kind of tire selections do you guys run

There seems to be a wider variety now than in past years.. some like different trials.. The old go to tire is a Pirelli MT16 . That is a standard good for hawaii knobby...but now there are a wide variety of new tires.. kenda equilibrium , Maxxis IT, I like certain Motoz but it isn't common here ..we just got someone bringing in Mitas so guys are trying different models there. .. latest interesting one that guys seem to like is the Shinko cheater 505 tire but I haven't used it yet.. I just bought one to try and have heard a bunch of guys say they really like that tire. .We have a sort of clay sort of extra slippery when wet type of soil.. depending on what island you are.. soil is varied in area too. Yea I watch other places on video and try to guess how a tire works but it's still guessing... or just gotta try..   This thread is interesting to ponder what might be good to try.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1053103-what-do-the-top-extreme-enduro-riders-use-for-a-rear-tire/

The 2 stroke enduros.. are just so easy to ride..even in tech stuff..4 stroke is good too.. the xtrainer is good too.. tighter turning.. might be better in this stuff.

Nice !

A few of us from the big Island will be on Oahu for a few days to ride, sep-1 thru sep 6th

I think Big Joe is going to be our guide for some of the rides...should be a blast.

• Like 1

Nice !

A few of us from the big Island will be on Oahu for a few days to ride, sep-1 thru sep 6th

I think Big Joe is going to be our guide for some of the rides...should be a blast.

Yea.. he mentioned..should be great!! .. I'm kind of out of order physically right now. Hopefully I'll be in decent shape by then.. I heard it's a few days of riding..I better lay out the ibuprofen now..

Evo (of your choice), RR300, RR480 /thread

And a van so you can bring all 3 and decide at the trail head which one you'll be taking for the day!

I know I'm crazy as I've been looking at some 15 passenger 3500 vans on craigslist thinking this same way..

00606_c6j0ol6v1aL_600x450.jpghttp://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/5728264261.html

I know I'm crazy as I've been looking at some 15 passenger 3500 vans on craigslist thinking this same way.

Until you buy one, the addiction is reversible, after that it's a downward spiral. When you start looking at vintage vans, then you gone pass the point of no return.

• Like 1

Until you buy one, the addiction is reversible, after that it's a downward spiral. When you start looking at vintage vans, then you gone pass the point of no return.

Well it depends on how much vintage.. had a bunch of the ford straight 66 ish years.. nice fo my dog at the time to stand on the engine cover that's been carpeted.. but damn those things are gutless and the straight axle wanders on the freeway.. maybe a mid late 70's chevy though.. if one could be found not rotten.. but  a newer van in decent condition with air.. but I have a van as it is.. just not to carry a party of italian bikes... and maybe a swedish.. It makes no sense of course though..1 bike is plenty. .. just drinking coffee and going on tangents. .. fighting a morning headache.