HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

cupcake2100

wr426 fuel screw moving while riding

4 posts in this topic

hey guys my wr426 has been refusing to idle as of late :banghead: , i cleaned the carb and that fixed the problem for a little bit, but after a short ride the bike again refused to idle :foul: . i then was able to get the bike to idle by adjusting the fuel screw on the bottom of the carb, the problem was that every time i would ride the bike and pull in the clutch to stop the idle would be bad and the bike would die unless i turned the screw to make the mixture richer. every time that i stop i have to increase the richness of the fuel. finally i stopped and looked at the fuel mixture screw. i noticed that as the engine vibrated that the screw would turn and make the mixture more lean and that was why my bike refused  to idle. does anyone have a fix for this?

New O-ring

Stretch the spring

If that does not work I would replace the screw itself. It is suppose to have a small washer between the spring & o-ring. The screw doesn't cost that much.