HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

toten

Magnetic drain plug

6 posts in this topic

Is it worth installing a magnetic oil drain plug? My WR450 came with one and I tend to find a little bit on it (likely from the transmission). My YZ426 doesn't have one now... is there any real advantage to installing one?

A little as you can pick up some magnetic material. However if you get a Chinese one it may risk the magnet falling out and it cracking in half as I saw happen.

I added one,, even small metal shavings from natural wear will make its way to your bearing raceways. Any way from stopping even one pass thru a bearing can save years on a motor.

A little as you can pick up some magnetic material. However if you get a Chinese one it may risk the magnet falling out and it cracking in half as I saw happen.

This

Among other things...  Do yourself a favor and get something at least reputable.