2016 YZ450FX ride report

My only gripes:

Well, I really hate putting gas in it... Very hard to see what's going on while holding a 5 gallon jug of fuel over it. Maybe I can get some smaller cans and have a better control and view while filling it up.

I have a 2014 YZ450F. I use a Tuff Jug with the Ripper Cap. I got sick of overfilling and spilling gas all over. It works great. Of course, if you don't want a full tank you have to pull out early, but there is almost no chance of spilling.

Several companies make 'duct filters'': foam that stuffs inside the ducts.....

Got a link?  I'll need to do something with mine for the winter months.

Very nice kranster. I'm glad you have one now. When it cools down I will have to do a bouquet/DWF ride with you so I can see how the valving changes the bike. We run the same springs so that won't be an issue. My FX still has factory valving. I don't see a need to change yet.

Very nice kranster. I'm glad you have one now. When it cools down I will have to do a bouquet/DWF ride with you so I can see how the valving changes the bike. We run the same springs so that won't be an issue. My FX still has factory valving. I don't see a need to change yet.

OMG is so neutral feeling it's amazing.

If you are familiar with ' Break' trail at Rowher:

Going up the last section it's now loose and off camber with the 5 or 6 rain diversion vertical drop-away 'jumps'. 

You can go up it as fast as your balls will let you, and the landing can be messed up and you still hold your line.

Same with the soft-to-hard-to-rocky stuff. You just ride it.

Cools down???   It's under 90, what's the problem?   :ride:  

OMG is so neutral feeling it's amazing.

If you are familiar with ' Break' trail at Rowher:

Going up the last section it's now loose and off camber with the 5 or 6 rain diversion vertical drop-away 'jumps'.

You can go up it as fast as your balls will let you, and the landing can be messed up and you still hold your line.

Same with the soft-to-hard-to-rocky stuff. You just ride it.

Cools down??? It's under 90, what's the problem? :ride:

Yeah I know the trail. Funnest 30 seconds in Rowher. It's under 90 over there? Damn. Time to knock the dust off then. Then I'll clean the bike. Lol

Did you ride it much before having Enzo revalve the suspension?    I am wondering how stock valving compared to your re-valve.  

Did you ride it much before having Enzo revalve the suspension?    I am wondering how stock valving compared to your re-valve.  

I did not even ride the bike down the street.

It was apart and in pieces ten minutes after it got home....

Yeah I know the trail. Funnest 30 seconds in Rowher. It's under 90 over there? Damn. Time to knock the dust off then. Then I'll clean the bike. Lol

Oh come on, it's at least 45 seconds!

How is it possible to communicate what you need concerning susp revalving with a bike that you have NEVER even ridden. Springs yes, but beyond that, ???  I have been reading your thread on the Beta and the susp woes where you had expensive work(susp) done before ever riding the bike. Yes, this process baffles me.

How is it possible to communicate what you need concerning susp revalving with a bike that you have NEVER even ridden. Springs yes, but beyond that, ???  I have been reading your thread on the Beta and the susp woes where you had expensive work(susp) done before ever riding the bike. Yes, this process baffles me.

I did nearly the same with just a few rides. Enzo is good real good with these bikes. You tell him your weight and type of riding and bingo really good suspension. It's the best I've ridden.

By telling him my expectations, previous tunes and experiences.

It turned out well.

You walk into his shop and there are 50-75 fork/shocks waiting and 50+ completed ready to ship out.

He has 6 employees, and works all kinds of riders.

They work ONLY on KYB suspension.

Most suspension 'guru' shops are one or two guys doing 12 sets a month.

Nothing wrong with that (and why I went with PlusOnePerformance for my Beta Sach CC forks...because that's what he is good at), but yards of experience on a specific brand model certainly has merit.

I have had similar results with XR650R suspension with RG3 and Precision Concepts.  Just explain, ship, pay, and ride.

Did not want to 'experiment' with them on the more modern suspension components.

:thumbsup:  We don't have the luxury of your choices here.

:thumbsup:  We don't have the luxury of your choices here.

It's not luxury, it's hard work.

Enzo racing have a suspension shop in Texas :thumbsup:

It's not luxury, it's hard work.

I think he was saying he can't just walk into 10 different suspension shops where he lives, reference SoCal (and/or California, generally) being a veritable hub for "that kind of stuff."

I think he was saying he can't just walk into 10 different suspension shops where he lives, reference SoCal (and/or California, generally) being a veritable hub for "that kind of stuff."

Yes, but the drive to Enzo at rush hour takes 3 hours... that's hard work... 

Yes, but the drive to Enzo at rush hour takes 3 hours... that's hard work...

And I'm willing to bet it's not more than 15 miles away... Ah, LA.

Enzo racing have a suspension shop in Texas :thumbsup:

Yep, seven hours away from me. And I have Showa which Krannie says disqualifies me.

Yep, seven hours away from me. And I have Showa which Krannie says disqualifies me.

Just buy the new Honda RX :ride: It's your new prescription to ride. 

:blah:  :cry: