HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Ka0sX

Thoughts on Sprocket setup

4 posts in this topic

so i bought a 14 yz450 currently it has a 13/47 setup was alright still found it was wanting to just chuck a wheelie all the time

Here is a pic of of terain i ride mosly with the odd time being able to go on a nice long straight away

https://naturallysouthaustralia.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ab-bush-track-and-old-sheep-fencing-near-whyalla.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5265/5602894467_3bccd4a0fa_b.jpg

Edited by Ka0sX

If you can work with low gear being that tall, I'd leave it. Deal with the wheelies by adjusting your rider position.

Thanks for the replys will actually try both has been 9 yrs since i rid and first time yesterday for bout 20mins untill i seen i need a new chain slider 

Iam an old man 39 next month returning after a bad accident broke my back on a kx450 09 model, Was just damn freak accident

Also might be the gytr settings aswell when i hooked it up it was set on map 5 and everything was in the + side

So i have looked around and going have already put these settings in the bike

Map 01

Hard pack, grippy
track conditions
Smooth and easy
throttle control

Throttle      FI MAp      IG MAp

3/4           +1 +1 +1   -3 -2 -1
3/8           +2 +1 +1   -5 -5 -4
1/8           +2 +2 +1   -4 -4 -3

Edited by Ka0sX