Southeastern Virginia, where to ride?

Hey everyone I just moved to Virginia Beach (Southeastern Virginia) and I am looking for some places to ride.  After some research I have found a couple of tracks that are within 2 hours away from me (Slades Park, Elizabeth City MX, Morgans Corner, and River City) but I also want to know if there are any local trails that are free to ride.

I read about a place called ORF Dirt Pit but I'm not sure if that is still there.

Does anyone know of any trails that are free to ride in the Southeastern Virginia area?  I'll hit the motocross tracks for sure, but I enjoy trail riding much more.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Derek

Unless you have a plated bike its a tough place to be.  Few little trails here and there but usually at the risk of getting in trouble. No designated area to ride.  Haven't been to Slades yet but Morgans corner is a blast for a good day trip.  

Not too worried about the risk of getting trouble, I'll try anything out honestly haha.  Where are these little trails at?  Anything down in Pungo or near NC?

When you say having a plated bike is the way to go, is that because you can hop onto trails from the road?  Or just because you can ride on the road.  I don't enjoy road riding much, that's why we ride dirt!

Edited by Dirtbiker Derek

Not too worried about the risk of getting trouble, I'll try anything out honestly haha.  Where are these little trails at?  Anything down in Pungo or near NC?

When you say having a plated bike is the way to go, is that because you can hop onto trails from the road?  Or just because you can ride on the road.  I don't enjoy road riding much, that's why we ride dirt!

I too have these same questions.... Looking for some local stuff as well.

I usually just look on Google maps and find a place that I'd want to check out and go ride it.  There is one behind Corporate Landing Middle school if you follow the road in all the way to the tree line.  Ones at the end of Nimmo Pkwy. Just have to pick and choose.  What I meant by having a plated bike is what you stated: being able to ride around to get to the trails and to simply pull off the road and explore.  

• Like 1

Yeah awesome and theres also a pit across from va beach animal shelter on birdneck. The park across the street has a trail next to it and leads back there

Where at is the entrance?  Where exactly is the pit?  Do you park in the lot in the park and unload your bike there?

Here's a pic so you can help me understand where I need to go.

seatack%20park%20dirt%20pit%20where_zpsb

• Like 1

I usually just look on Google maps and find a place that I'd want to check out and go ride it.  There is one behind Corporate Landing Middle school if you follow the road in all the way to the tree line.  Ones at the end of Nimmo Pkwy. Just have to pick and choose.  What I meant by having a plated bike is what you stated: being able to ride around to get to the trails and to simply pull off the road and explore.  

Where's the entrance at Corporate Landing Middle School?  Number 1?  Are those riding trails at number 2?  Are there lots of trails all over number 3?

corporate%20landing%20middle%20school%20

For Nimmo Pkwy, is this the trail entrance?  Is there a normal walking trail to the left?

nimmo%20pkwy%20where_zpspda2gfhs.jpg

Ever seen these trails off of Elbow Road?  Is this a military base?  Interested in checking it out.

Elbow%20Road%20entrance_zpsxoi9xxfz.jpg

elbow%20road%202_zpskpyepou4.jpg

Edited by Dirtbiker Derek
  • Like 1

Yeah it sucks man im in the navy and i dont ride local bc dont wanna get in trouble thats why i go to slades but i only have one friend who rides so if you wanna go hit me up but,im originally from south jersey and you can literally ride town to town the trails, pits and quarry every where!

I dont know how bad the cops are around here i dont wanna get my cr impounded but i may go to slades this friday if any of you wanna go

What time are you going?  I'd love to meet some new people to ride with around here.  How old are you btw?

The challenge that you will have is not having a tagged bike.  With a dual sport I can simply ride up, check it out and ride out quick and easy.  If you are having to use a truck and trailer it may be a bit more difficult. 

Yeah I am looking into getting a dual sport because of that.  Did you check out the pictures I posted?  Can you check them out and explain where the entrances are?