HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

JDemp07

GPR V4 steering stabilizer

9 posts in this topic

I use a GPR 4. I read all of the arguments and talked to people who had both. I have tried both.

I have ridden a Scotts on the rocks in Maine and mine in the mountains of Tn. I like the lower height of the GPR.

If I had to do it all over again.....I would get another GPR for my situation.

1 person likes this

For the record, my decision was driven largely by height. I am 5,9" which is not short but with a 30" inseam I notice taller bikes.

The GPR damper dampens in both directions, which is great for high speed racing, but not so good for anything else...

Side question. I have read you have a good bit of experience with KTM's. The 300 I rode felt tall. I am not sure if that was at the seat of that the foot pegs seemed higher. I know the WR technically has a higher seat height. We can talk seats and sag but my question is do they indeed feel taller or am I picking up on a more cramped riding position?

Overall I liked it........but not enough to buy it. I mostly liked the weight.

Side question. I have read you have a good bit of experience with KTM's. The 300 I rode felt tall. I am not sure if that was at the seat of that the foot pegs seemed higher. I know the WR technically has a higher seat height. We can talk seats and sag but my question is do they indeed feel taller or am I picking up on a more cramped riding position?

Overall I liked it........but not enough to buy it. I mostly liked the weight.

It's not taller, but the pegs are higher and the bars are closer.

1 person likes this

I just bought a gpr v4 stabilizer kit on ebay for my 07 wr450-

The kit is supposedly for an 09 yz- i called gpr before i bought it and they verified that it will fit my 07 wr450f.

If anybody's looking its a smokin deal on them- i got mine on a best offer for $260- nib. He has 3 more left it says-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GPR-V4-Dirt-Stabilizer-Yamaha-YZ450F-2009-Steering-Damper-FatBar-BLACK-QUICKSHIP-/191927561545?hash=item2cafc62d49:g:~3AAAOSwSv1Xj9dp&vxp=mtr

Edited by knuckleduster271
1 person likes this

Got the gpr in the other day and attempted to install it- evidently the triple clamps are different from yz to wr because the distance from the upper clamp nut to the stabilizer mount bolts is to much- hopefully gpr will cut me a deal on the right mount for my wr since they assured me the yz unit would fit without issue.

Got the gpr in the other day and attempted to install it- evidently the triple clamps are different from yz to wr because the distance from the upper clamp nut to the stabilizer mount bolts is to much- hopefully gpr will cut me a deal on the right mount for my wr since they assured me the yz unit would fit without issue.

Gotta say, gpr is a stand up company- they next day aired me the right bar mount for my wr-no charge- just a gentleman's agreement that i send them the bar mount that came with the kit i purchased (they even included a label to mail it back).

1 person likes this