HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

mikenash

2014 WR 450 verses 2016 YZ 450FX Starting issues

6 posts in this topic

Hope this makes sense I have had my wr 450 new since 2014 which starts just ok some times it's a hit or a miss cold or hot never starts on the first try. I just rode my buddies 2015 YZ 450fx and it starts all time on the first try cold or hot. I did notice that the start button is different than the one on my 2014 WR not sure if they have up graded or not. The reason for bringing this up is I am going to sell my wr and I thinking either a new WR or FX I would have to make the FX street legal which isn't a problem. Just would like some feedback and if anyone else has had this problem as well.Thanks

On your WR you need to adjust the CO levels and change the map, if you want it to start normally.

The FX is 100% start every time goodness.

On your WR you need to adjust the CO levels and change the map, if you want it to start normally.

The FX is 100% start every time goodness.

What do you have your CO set at and what map are you running?

What do you have your CO set at and what map are you running?

Thought the maps only kicked in after 2000rpm??

Right, that is why you need an FI analyzer, so you can adjust the 'idle' and 'transition' map AF.

I don't have the first gen WR FI. 

Tons of posts on the specific subjet.

Thanks for the quick responses. Sorry I left out a major piece of the puzzle my bad. FMF slip on and comp ECU and mapped FMF. Never adjusted the CO.