SamT

Metal Radiator Guards

6 posts in this topic

Hey all. I have a 2002 WR426 that I greatly abuse. One thing I would like to do is not have to buy radiator plastics again, does anyone know anything about some metal radiator guards? Whenever I have a nasty crash, which seems to be happening less :D, my radiator shrouds get a little more chipped and my radiators get pushed in a little more. Some more protection would definitely be nice.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :D

Hey all. I have a 2002 WR426 that I greatly abuse. One thing I would like to do is not have to buy radiator plastics again, does anyone know anything about some metal radiator guards? Whenever I have a nasty crash, which seems to be happening less :D, my radiator shrouds get a little more chipped and my radiators get pushed in a little more. Some more protection would definitely be nice.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :D

Radiator braces

Radiator protectors

Radiator shrouds

All different things.

Tip over protection

Rock protection

Costmetics and air flow

Mohard racing makes a brace/protector that is the best for protection and support

Your shrouds just get marred, and you replace them when you can't stand to look at them anymore.

Edited by KRANNIE

Radiator braces

Radiator protectors

Radiator shrouds

All different things.

Tip over protection

Rock protection

Costmetics and air flow

Mohard racing makes a brace/protector that is the best for protection and support

Your shrouds just get marred, and you replace them when you can't stand to look at them anymore.

Hm. Maybe I'm getting cheap plastic, they bust for me. Left a fair share of shards on the trails.

I installed B&B off-road rad gaurds on my wr. Easy to install.....seem solid. Haven't truly tested them yet

...Mohard racing makes a brace/protector that is the best for protection and support...

Any idea if the listed models also fit a WR426?  I have no idea of the fitment between the 426 and the newer bikes.  

I have a brace/protector that is OK, but I've never been quite happy with the fit.  I think it was from Flatland Racing.  The brace extends back to the top motor mount and rubs my IMS YZ tank quite badly.  I've had to pound/bend/stretch the aluminum to make it fit.