HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

stevethe

Street legal wiring 2016 WR450

10 posts in this topic

Time to add license plate holder. Pictured is the RYCO aluminuim plate holder I like to use. The fender is drilled through the fender with button head allens. Next picture is the Tusk wire harness, Tusk flush mount rears, Tusk led flasher and DMP flush mount front turn signals.

image_zpsmx8qgjfy.jpeg

image_zpsohyyr3qa.jpeg

1 person likes this

I wired it up to my buddy's K&S dual sport switch on his Honda X and it wasn't nice, you're right. It's too bad Tusk runs the switch assembly they do (i use it); there are much nicer options out there. But their stuff is super easy to work with, decent quality, and priced well.

The Tusk wire harness only mates up nice to the Tusk turn signal switch. All works well so far.

Yeah I think I meant to say if you buy just the $29.Tusk wire harness the plug mates to their plastic turn signal switch.

1 person likes this

I wired it up to my buddy's K&S dual sport switch on his Honda X and it wasn't nice, you're right. It's too bad Tusk runs the switch assembly they do (i use it); there are much nicer options out there. But their stuff is super easy to work with, decent quality, and priced well.

Most of the dual sport kits I've worked with use a nearly similar plastic switch.

Is there a much better source or are you talking about OEM street bike switches.

Most of the dual sport kits I've worked with use a nearly similar plastic switch.

Is there a much better source or are you talking about OEM street bike switches.

Yep, I doubt Tusk actually makes the one we're mostly familiar with since it does come from lots of vendors. They one I'm talking about is this guy:

https://www.amazon.com/Technologies-Universal-Turn-Signal-Switch/dp/B0031BI23W

I made it work with the Tusk wiring harness and it is a top quality piece of equipment, very OEM -like. The one I've got (Tusk) is pretty chintzy in comparison. Does the job fine, but not as nice.

Yeah I think I meant to say if you buy just the $29.Tusk wire harness the plug mates to their plastic turn signal switch.

Yeah, I got that - it's plug and play. I was trying to say making it work with it the other harness was "not nice" - really just a lot of splicing and a little bit of guess work.
1 person likes this

Yep, I doubt Tusk actually makes the one we're mostly familiar with since it does come from lots of vendors. They one I'm talking about is this guy:https://www.amazon.com/Technologies-Universal-Turn-Signal-Switch/dp/B0031BI23W

I made it work with the Tusk wiring harness and it is a top quality piece of equipment, very OEM -like. The one I've got (Tusk) is pretty chintzy in comparison. Does the job fine, but not as nice.

Ah yes. I have one of those on my 450 street supermoto. It came with the Baja Designs kit.