HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

mxmonkey

Rekluse CORE EXP on YZ450F ?

10 posts in this topic

Looking at getting a REKLUSE CORE EXP 2.0 for my YZ450F.  Anybody running or tried one of these?  A good purchase? Would like some feedback.  Looks like a decent price for only being used 10 hours? Here it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rekluse-Core-EXP-2-0-clutch-YZ450F-WR450F-RMS-773-Only-10-hours-on-it-/172265643099?hash=item281bd51c5b:g:6zQAAOSwbYZXfUUs&vxp=mtr

Edited by mxmonkey

These clutches are pretty darn sweet - but what type of riding do you do?

That one looks like its in good shape...if it's really @ 10 hours (and still looks like it does in those pics) that is a great deal if you are already in the market.  Auto-clutch isn't for everybody though.

EDIT TO ADD: Whoops I thought that was the 3.0.  I don't think I'd go for it on second thought.

Edited by Tankslap

I'm confused as to which Rekluse you're talking about.  There is the EXP 2.0, and the improved later EXP 3.0, both of which are cost cost option that drop into a stock clutch, and then there is the entirely different Core EXP.  The Core EXP is a complete race grade clutch assembly that also incorporates the EXP auto clutch ring.  They are excellent.

The EXP 2.0 I would avoid, simply because the 3.0 works considerably better.  But in either case, the EXP kits reduce the clutch pack by a pair of plates, and require quite a bit of fiddling to keep adjusted.  The 3.0 is OK for everything up to serious racing.  Pass on the 2.0

Edit:  Just looked at the ad.  That's the full Core EXP.  Wonder what his reserve is....

HA !  So you're the guy who outbid me!!!  lol   I guess $100 wasnt a very serious bid though...

If it gets close to his "buy it now" price I would just consider getting a brand new z-start pro.  I've never ridden any of the core type clutches from Rekluse , but have had 3 of the z-start family and all have been bullet proof for me.  As long as you don't mind the soft clutch feel.  

I didn't ride it, but recently jumped on a friends bike that had an EXP ring in it...man the clutch pull was super stiff.  I still manual my clutch a lot even with a Rekluse and that pull would get on my nerves.  I much prefer the mushy z-start feel to what I felt on his bike.

1 person likes this

If it gets close to his "buy it now" price I would just consider getting a brand new z-start pro.  I've never ridden any of the core type clutches from Rekluse , but have had 3 of the z-start family and all have been bullet proof for me.  As long as you don't mind the soft clutch feel.

I like mine.

2 people like this

If it gets close to his "buy it now" price I would just consider getting a brand new z-start pro. I've never ridden any of the core type clutches from Rekluse , but have had 3 of the z-start family and all have been bullet proof for me. As long as you don't mind the soft clutch feel.

I didn't ride it, but recently jumped on a friends bike that had an EXP ring in it...man the clutch pull was super stiff. I still manual my clutch a lot even with a Rekluse and that pull would get on my nerves. I much prefer the mushy z-start feel to what I felt on his bike.

Core 3 has a stock clutch pull while the EXP ring is stiffer. My core in my FX feels exactly like the stock clutch. Prefer it to the Z start for that reason. Edited by NW_drZ
1 person likes this

I have a core exp 3. Took it out. Love the idea but cant get it adj. correctly. Im sure its not a clutch kit problem. Yes the ebay is a 2. The 3 has a lot of upgrades.

I have a core exp 3. Took it out. Love the idea but cant get it adj. correctly. Im sure its not a clutch kit problem. Yes the ebay is a 2. The 3 has a lot of upgrades.

The auto clutch disk comes with a combo of soft and hard springs and that combo works the best. It engages as soon as you crack the throttle. Rekluse has an installation video on YouTube and it shows you how to perfectly set up the install gap. I had to readjust the install gap after about 10 hours