HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigLou

Easier Clutch Pull, Revisited. (Oops!)

1 post in this topic

OK, some of you may have seen my post in the most recent "easy clutch pull" thread where I posted that I did the same mod as Scott in KC by drilling the new anchor hole for the cable end. I said how the clutch pull felt to be 30-50% lighter, probably closer to 30%.

Well, as luck would have it, I managed to have reinstalled the cable end into the original hole and not the new one that I machined. Not sure how I managed that one, but I did. I didn't realize it until I had the bike loaded on the truck and was standing there talking to a friend and I pulled the cover back to show him.

So, now that I've installed the cable end into the correct hole, I have to say "Wow!", the pull is much lighter. Huge difference. It is "125 light", as Jason says. No problems with adjustment or anything. I just adjusted so there was a tiny amount of free play in the lever.

Much better now! :)