LED Headlight on AC Stator?

Hi guys I have a mostly stock 2006 WR450f that currently has a Cree 18w LED "light bar" as a headlight. I've had this on the bike for about 2 years with no problem whatsoever and it is a huge improvement over the stock headlight. (But I still want more  :thumbsup: )

A light company wants to send me a 60w lightbar so that I can install and review it, but I am completely clueless when it comes to electrical and I have no idea if it'll work. I just found out yesterday that LEDs prefer DC so any knowledge would be helpful. Thanks!

Find out if there is a diode in the lights circuit board, that is a one way valve for electricity.

Find out if there is a diode in the lights circuit board, that is a one way valve for electricity.

LED = Light Emitting Diode

Hi guys I have a mostly stock 2006 WR450f that currently has a Cree 18w LED "light bar" as a headlight. I've had this on the bike for about 2 years with no problem whatsoever and it is a huge improvement over the stock headlight. (But I still want more  :thumbsup: )

A light company wants to send me a 60w lightbar so that I can install and review it, but I am completely clueless when it comes to electrical and I have no idea if it'll work. I just found out yesterday that LEDs prefer DC so any knowledge would be helpful. Thanks!

If I recall correctly, the stock stator is capable of supplying a 30 watt load, so your new 60 watt load would put the charging system out of balance and eventually kill the battery.

You would need a larger aftermarket stator.