HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Cody Trego

LED Headlight on AC Stator?

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys I have a mostly stock 2006 WR450f that currently has a Cree 18w LED "light bar" as a headlight. I've had this on the bike for about 2 years with no problem whatsoever and it is a huge improvement over the stock headlight. (But I still want more  :thumbsup: )

A light company wants to send me a 60w lightbar so that I can install and review it, but I am completely clueless when it comes to electrical and I have no idea if it'll work. I just found out yesterday that LEDs prefer DC so any knowledge would be helpful. Thanks!

Find out if there is a diode in the lights circuit board, that is a one way valve for electricity.

Find out if there is a diode in the lights circuit board, that is a one way valve for electricity.

LED = Light Emitting Diode

Hi guys I have a mostly stock 2006 WR450f that currently has a Cree 18w LED "light bar" as a headlight. I've had this on the bike for about 2 years with no problem whatsoever and it is a huge improvement over the stock headlight. (But I still want more  :thumbsup: )

A light company wants to send me a 60w lightbar so that I can install and review it, but I am completely clueless when it comes to electrical and I have no idea if it'll work. I just found out yesterday that LEDs prefer DC so any knowledge would be helpful. Thanks!

If I recall correctly, the stock stator is capable of supplying a 30 watt load, so your new 60 watt load would put the charging system out of balance and eventually kill the battery.

You would need a larger aftermarket stator.