PNW_XR

Can somebody post pics of factory hot start lever/cable setup?

4 posts in this topic

I would really appreciate it. My 2002 WR426 has an aftermarket Dr. D hot start thumb lever and cable which relocates it to the throttle side. The cable is broken at the lever and they do not sell them anymore. I called them and they said they would call me back after talking to their manufacturer and they never called me back (I waited 2 days, extremely poor service). Anyhow, wondering what the factory setup looks like and what I will need. I can't seem to find ANY factory parts on the motorcycle parts sites.

Edited by PNW_XR

Assuming it's the same as the 02 YZ426, which I have, the stock hot start is a plunger that looks identical to the chock, and sits right above the choke on the carb.

I would really appreciate it. My 2002 WR426 has an aftermarket Dr. D hot start thumb lever and cable which relocates it to the throttle side. The cable is broken at the lever and they do not sell them anymore. I called them and they said they would call me back after talking to their manufacturer and they never called me back (I waited 2 days, extremely poor service). Anyhow, wondering what the factory setup looks like and what I will need. I can't seem to find ANY factory parts on the motorcycle parts sites.

You just need a choke assembly, which will fit in the hotstart cavity, replacing the hot start set up you have now.

No cable, no lever on the bar.

Aha! Thanks guys. I was thinking it had factory handlebar controls, but on the clutch side. No wonder I was having issues!