Itermittent Spark

I've been working on a 2007 WR450 and have run into a bit of an issue that I haven't seen before.  The bike has had the ground floated by Baja Designs along with a DC rectifier from them as well.  When I went to start up the bike it initially tried to fire an then went completely unresponsive.  I pulled the plug and there was no spark.  I installed a new plug and started getting spark again.  After installing the plug back in the engine the bike went back to no attempt to fire (no backfire, no sputter, nothing but fuel smell).  The first two plugs were CR9E which are colder then the OEM (original plug looked good as far as the color on the electrode).  Plug wasn't saturated with fuel or anything so I installed a CR8E and same thing.  I get an initial spark and then nothing. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on where I need to be looking or what could be causing this?  I've tried some searches but have come up empty handed on this one.

Pull the plug cap, cut off the wire end, and re install the cap

Inspect the cap to make sure the connection inside is still good/soldered/crimped

Inspect the coil connector and the wires is good advice.  Had that connection go bad before and cause all manner of 

objectionable symptoms.

The other part about cutting the plug wire ain't gonna happen on a 2007 WR450...   coil in cap

• Like 1