HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

cupcake2100

Front brakes not working properly

7 posts in this topic

Hello i have a wr426 and recently my front brake started doing something weird. When i am stopped it works fine and when i pull the brake i will not move, however when i am moving and i pull the brake it will barley work at all, even pulled in enough to touch the handle bars, does anyone know what the problem is?

Air contaminated, bleed it. If fluid is more than 3 years old it is recommended to drain it and use fresh brake fluid.

Doesn't sound that way.  I see no complaint of mushy feel or excess travel.  Sounds more like contaminated brake pads, and or a glazed rotor. 

Im not sure what the problem is, but today when i went for a ride the brakes were fixed! Cheers!

Nothing fixes it self.

Do a brake system service, or you might get hurt

New fluid

Bleed it

Inspect pads and rotor for wear

If you have the original MC diaphram, you should replace it now....

Don't forget to put red rubber grease inside rubber boots. Do not put grease on pistons or inside the caliper. Only apply fresh brake fluid on new seal lips and cavities, piston bore. Silicon grease on caliper pin bolt shank.

Clean brake rotor contact surface with solvent prior to install.

Wear gloves when you deal with brake fluid.