HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

171 posts in this topic

• RycoMoto  REAR LIC PLATE SYSTEM (yet to order)
  • WR HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY  (ordered)
  • BAJA DESIGNS REAR BRAKE HYDRALIC SWITCH* (received)
  • ? TRIP METER SPEEDOMETER
  • SCOTTS SUBMOUNT
  • 1.6 RADIATOR CAP
  • SCOTTS FRAME POST
  • SCOTTS STEERING DAMPER
  • CYCRA PROBEND CRM HAND GUARDS*
  • G2 BAR END THREADED INSERTS
  • GUTS RACING TALL/ MEDIUM / BLACK GRIPPER
  • ACERBIS 2.9 GAS TANK
  • 2015 YZ450F L & R FOOT PEG BRACKETS
  • TMD SKID PLATE # YAMC-265  
  • GYTR PROGRAMMER
  • PRO CIRCUIT T6 SLIP ON*
  • .54 / 6.3 springs

1.      TALLER SEAT

2.      LOWER PEGS

§  SWAP BRACKETS AND SPRINGS

§  MOD PEGS

§  WELD KICKSTAND TO NEW BRACKET

3.      TALLER BARS (riser)

4.      STEERING DAMPER

5.      HANDGUARDS

6.      FULL COVERAGE SKID PLATE

7.      TRIP/COMPUTER (?)

8.      SPARK ARRESTOR / TUNED MUFFLER

9.      HEADLIGHT

10.    TAIL LIGHT / LIC PLATE LIGHT

11.    BRAKE LIGHT AND SWITCH

12.    LIC PLATE BRACKET

13.    LIGHTING ON/OFF SWITCH

14.    LARGER FUEL TANK

§  MICRO BATTERY

§  HARNESS AND COMPONENT RELOCATION

Edited by KRANNIE
4 people like this

An item you might consider that i really have liked is the Acerbis Frame Guards. It doesn't take long for the frame to look like crap and these definitely help with that.

Let us know how the S. Dakota deal works out for you.

Side note: daaaamn I'm jealous...

Off-topic question, but since you have/had both, how would you compare the 07-11 WRs to the CRF-X as far as handling and power?

Let us know how the S. Dakota deal works out for you.

Side note: daaaamn I'm jealous...

Off-topic question, but since you have/had both, how would you compare the 07-11 WRs to the CRF-X as far as handling and power?

Yes, the SD delio should be interesting. 

Two friends have done it without issues.

WR vs CRFX:

The CRFX goes through the terrain. Not over it, not around it, but through it. You can pretty much ignore all rocks and ruts and it turns out fine.

Of course, this ultra-stable feel is a burden under 10mph, but it sure is great in the desert. Nothing better.  My motor is stage 3 ported with an R cam so, it's a real experience to ride!

The 07-11 WR is the closest I have every found to the stability of the X, but without the 'dead' feeling at 5 mph.

It also gets air, when the X feels like an anchor at the same speed. The stock suspension is useless over 30 mph.

If I had only one bike to choose from it would be a 2011 WR450F chassis with 2012 susension, and a CRF450X motor like mine wedged in there....

1 person likes this

An item you might consider that i really have liked is the Acerbis Frame Guards. It doesn't take long for the frame to look like crap and these definitely help with that.

I don't try and prevent scratches, just damage.

No swingarm or frame covers for me.

1 person likes this

Looks like spring has sprung or someone has sprung for that new ride.

That's a nice fleet in the garage.

The problem with multiple bikes is trying to decide which one to take out to ride...but that is a real nice problem to have.

Have fun Krannie.

Looks like spring has sprung or someone has sprung for that new ride.

That's a nice fleet in the garage.

The problem with multiple bikes is trying to decide which one to take out to ride...but that is a real nice problem to have.

Have fun Krannie.

The only problem to have....

2 people like this

Frame bracket for steering damper is back ordered two weeks.....  :banghead:

Nylon threaded inserts are back ordered for two weeks.....  :banghead:

Suspension will take 4 weeks according to Enzo..... :jawdrop:

Seat foam and cover are in.

Have a NOS hour meter.

Have a NOS meter bracket.

Handguards are in, but need the inserts....

Submount is in, but need the frame bracket....

Skid plate is in, but the bike is captive to the lift....

20160624_064749_zpsj0ozvvuu.jpg20160624_064757_zpsrcgkb77n.jpg20160624_064817_zpsiutiqlh1.jpg20160624_064827_zpspvgwos3g.jpg

The right YZ peg bracket is backordered for 4 weeks! But it's not essential, as I already have that one, which I will molest.

1 person likes this

Im am really, truly HOPING that it wont be two weeks but the stupid plater is killing us right now- I am getting a bunch of stuff out of the machine shop on Monday but I wont know whats in it till it gets here- With all the new FX and WR bikes Yamaha is selling we have seen a big pick up on Yamaha parts!

Thanks-

Eric

1 person likes this

Im am really, truly HOPING that it wont be two weeks but the stupid plater is killing us right now- I am getting a bunch of stuff out of the machine shop on Monday but I wont know whats in it till it gets here- With all the new FX and WR bikes Yamaha is selling we have seen a big pick up on Yamaha parts!

Thanks-

Eric

No sweat. My post was not a ' vendor dig' post. 

Soooooo.... is it here yet ??  :rolleyes:

1 person likes this

I got it... I was just trying to tell you that there is HOPE! Nothing worse than getting a new rig and having to wait! :)

Also remember that if you need other aftermarket parts and we don't have it I can get it to you as ASAP! People keep forgetting that we have a full retail shop and then I just sit on Thumpertalk and answer phones all day and don't get to play with all the neat parts!

Thanks-

Eric

Edited by Eric@ScottsPerformance

I got it... I was just trying to tell you that there is HOPE! Nothing worse than getting a new rig and having to wait! :)

Also remember that if you need other aftermarket parts and we don't have it I can get it to you as ASAP! People keep forgetting that we have a full retail shop and then I just sit on Thumpertalk and answer phones all day and don't get to play with all the neat parts!

Thanks-

Eric

Oh, I know about the shop Eric. 

It's about 30 min from me, the same distance as TO Powersports, Ken and Joes, and you have a much deeper selection of controls and accessories than anyone else around here...

1 person likes this

Looks like shock R&R is much easier than the older bikes. Pull tank and pull shock? If so, sweet!

Looks like shock R&R is much easier than the older bikes. Pull tank and pull shock? If so, sweet!

Yes. Actually just turn the tank sideways and get the shock out. Made it nice.

·         WR HEADLIGHT
  • RycoMoto  REAR LIC PLATE SYSTEM -  
  • BAJA DESIGNS REAR BRAKE HYDRALIC SWITCH
  • SCOTTS SUBMOUNT
  • SCOTTS FRAME POST
  • *SCOTTS STEERING DAMPER (have)
  • *CYCRA PROBEND CRM HAND GUARDS
  • G2 BAR END THREADED INSERTS <<<<< back order
  • *GUTS RACING TALL/ MEDIUM / BLACK GRIPPER
  • ACERBIS 2.9 GAS TANK
  • MICRO BATTERY
  • *2015 YZ450F L & R FOOT PEG BRACKETS
  • *TMD SKID PLATE # YAMC-265  (YAMC-455 ?)
  • Gytyr tuner
  •  *PRO CIRCUIT T6 SLIP ON (NOS craigslist find)
  • VOYAGER COMPUTER AND BRACKET
  • EE RADIATOR BRACES

Awesome bike and mods...except the big tank and bar risers. Anxious to hear how the lighting goes.

Its shipping today and you should see it tomorrow! YAY!

1 person likes this