HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VprDrvr

99WR400 in need of new head

6 posts in this topic

My 99 WR400 is in need of a new head. Anyone have parts from a WR400, WR426, YZ400, or YZ426? I'm told the head is interchangeable.

Thanks for your help.

I posted this in the for-sale forum as well, but thought I might have better results here. Anyone ever get any repair work on the cylinder head? Thanks,

Keith

My head just came back from ED. Work is great.

He opened intake cam journals.

Valve job.

Cleaned ports.

Other than the fact that it took a while and the exhaust valves were set .03 loose, a good experience.

My compression is way up and the bike runs great. I'm reluctant to change to YZ timing now. It explodes off the bottom. Lean back in 4th, grap a hanfull and straight up she goes!!

Yeah!

Just got mine back from Edco as well. They turned it in less than a week. I didn't think it was repairable because a broken valve did alot of damage, but it looks real nice. I haven't got it going yet because I discovered the cylinder was damaged as well, got one on order. However, I anticipate that the head will perform well.

x2