Foot Pegs

Are after market foot pegs that much better then stock? I don't see this too often as a mod, so I'm assuming after markets are for more looks then function.

Peg height

Peg size

Teeth agressiveness

.....and bling factor are the reasons to change pegs

I always go with Oversize low-boy pegs (Fastway)

Many aluminum pegs have inserts for teeth, which you can replace rather than having to manually sharpen or replace the entire peg. They're also a little lighter, although not enough for me to notice.

I can tell you that I never gave pegs much thought until I bought my current bike with a set of Lightspeed Ti pegs on it.  The extra width makes quite a little difference IMO as far as both stability on the peg and in comfort on longer rides.  Some of the OEM pegs are almost as wide now.

My friends bike has FLO pegs. Really aggressive teeth. I actually didn't like it. Couldn't move my feet around as easily as i prefer.

Do you guys know which pegs offer the most height change? Being 6'2", I would be interested in trying lower pegs

Do you guys know which pegs offer the most height change? Being 6'2", I would be interested in trying lower pegs

The pegs that come on the current models are the lowest oem pegs

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/791880-yamaha-oem-foot-pegs-peg-lowering-info/

Fastway makes pegs that lowers the peg 5/8", and moves it back 5/8"

For pre 2015 new gen frames, there is also a peg relocation bracket available from SystemTech

http://www.systemtechracing.com/product_p/55-04.htm

On older frames you can swap left to right, flip them over, and lower the pegs.

Edited by KRANNIE

The pegs on my FX are a bit wider than anything I've had previously, no complaints at all from me.  But I've never run any aftermarket pegs on anything I've owned, unless you count running YZF pegs on my 98 CR500.

The pegs on my FX are a bit wider than anything I've had previously, no complaints at all from me. But I've never run any aftermarket pegs on anything I've owned, unless you count running YZF pegs on my 98 CR500.

Your right they are good and wide. I was just curious. I looked at my sons crf250x and they are narrow. I probably should upgrade his first

Check these out just got them on the mail today. ..can't wait to get them on and try them this weekend

1466207869251.jpg