HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

asian195

2016 450F efi tuning?

4 posts in this topic

i am researching some questions for a friend who is not part of this forum and i am a yamaha 2 stroke rider. so please bare with me.

anyways, i have a friend with a 2010 yz450f who has the GYTR power tuner, and another friend that just bought a 2016 yz450f. after some research it seems as the Power tuner will work from 2010-2017 450f bikes according to shopyamaha.com. is this correct?

Also, my friend with the 2016 is coming from a 2002 CRF450. so the power of the yamaha was a bit surprising to him, especially the off idle "Bark" the yamaha's have. If my friends Power Tuner will work on the 2016, what is a good starting point for mapping to remove the "bark" and smooth the power out? 

With the research i have done, i know that the stock mapping is different between years, so loading a saved map from my friends Tuner will not act the same between the 2010 and 2016. I will continue to do more research, but i wanted to get this thread started. Thanks for your help and i hope i am not to vague. 

After some quick research about EFI tuning, it seems adding fuel and retarding timing will lessen the hit off idle. this correct? i attached the MXA maps. im not sure what year bike this map is for but the bottom map "less hit" seems to be what im looking for. what is a safe range rule of thumb to go by? ie. how low can you retard timing and how much fuel can you add? thanks.  

YZ450F-IGNITION-FUEL-MAPS.jpg

With the research i have done, i know that the stock mapping is different between years, so loading a saved map from my friends Tuner will not act the same between the 2010 and 2016. I will continue to do more research, but i wanted to get this thread started. Thanks for your help and i hope i am not to vague. 

Yamaha have posted these as suggested maps for the 2016 YZ450F:

http://bit.ly/1TXalcy