2016 450F efi tuning?

i am researching some questions for a friend who is not part of this forum and i am a yamaha 2 stroke rider. so please bare with me.

anyways, i have a friend with a 2010 yz450f who has the GYTR power tuner, and another friend that just bought a 2016 yz450f. after some research it seems as the Power tuner will work from 2010-2017 450f bikes according to shopyamaha.com. is this correct?

Also, my friend with the 2016 is coming from a 2002 CRF450. so the power of the yamaha was a bit surprising to him, especially the off idle "Bark" the yamaha's have. If my friends Power Tuner will work on the 2016, what is a good starting point for mapping to remove the "bark" and smooth the power out? 

With the research i have done, i know that the stock mapping is different between years, so loading a saved map from my friends Tuner will not act the same between the 2010 and 2016. I will continue to do more research, but i wanted to get this thread started. Thanks for your help and i hope i am not to vague. 

After some quick research about EFI tuning, it seems adding fuel and retarding timing will lessen the hit off idle. this correct? i attached the MXA maps. im not sure what year bike this map is for but the bottom map "less hit" seems to be what im looking for. what is a safe range rule of thumb to go by? ie. how low can you retard timing and how much fuel can you add? thanks.  

YZ450F-IGNITION-FUEL-MAPS.jpg

With the research i have done, i know that the stock mapping is different between years, so loading a saved map from my friends Tuner will not act the same between the 2010 and 2016. I will continue to do more research, but i wanted to get this thread started. Thanks for your help and i hope i am not to vague. 

Yamaha have posted these as suggested maps for the 2016 YZ450F:

http://bit.ly/1TXalcy

Thanks. I will have him try the linear torque map first.