What does KTM stand for???

Guys,

Just got back from the St. Louis super cross, and I was wondering what KTM stands for? Just curious.

Gary :)

K-mart

T-rail

M-achine

K-ick

T-wenty

M-inutes

K-ick

T-en

M-inutes

then........

K-ick

T-en

M-ore

(before electric start) :)

KEEP THREE MECHANICS

K-Keep

T-Throwin

M-Money at it.

Introduction of the first production series of KTM motorcycles(a team of 20 completes 3 motorcycles per day). First racing activities (5th Gaisberg competition: KTM comes first, second and third) The company is now officially known as "Kronreif, Trunkenpolz, Mattighofen".

To elaborate further:

Kronrief and Trunkenpolz were the builders and they were out of Mattieghoffen, Austria.

I like the unofficial versions better.

K-eep

T-he

M-anual

Seems to me you didn't watch the one heat race where langston cleaned up!! And if the supuki's didn't get in the way it would have ben a diffrent race some guys should stick to freestyle!!!!

Kosts

Too

Much

<G>

its from an Austrian dialect of low German-loosely translated its 'carrots are good for you'

Guys,

Thanks for the feedback! I plan on keeping the 650R, but was just curious.

Winkel :)

k-kant t-teach m-monkeys

k eep

t ools

m obile

Kan't

Touch

Muck

K eeps

T aking

M oney

Since nobody's said it yet....KaTooM! (For what that's worth...)

I like them, but also think they are expensive, awkward to maintain, and not any more reliable than the Big 4 Jap bikes. I'd go Honda, Yammie, Kaw, or Zook first.

I recall BASF was a similar acronym. Four German words/names that made no sense in English. "Badische Anilin- und Soda-Fabrik (Baden Aniline and Soda Factory)"

hahah Kick Twenty Minutes :lol: :lol: :lol: