HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Winkel

What does KTM stand for???

45 posts in this topic

Guys,

Just got back from the St. Louis super cross, and I was wondering what KTM stands for? Just curious.

Gary :)

Introduction of the first production series of KTM motorcycles(a team of 20 completes 3 motorcycles per day). First racing activities (5th Gaisberg competition: KTM comes first, second and third) The company is now officially known as "Kronreif, Trunkenpolz, Mattighofen".

To elaborate further:

Kronrief and Trunkenpolz were the builders and they were out of Mattieghoffen, Austria.

Seems to me you didn't watch the one heat race where langston cleaned up!! And if the supuki's didn't get in the way it would have ben a diffrent race some guys should stick to freestyle!!!!

its from an Austrian dialect of low German-loosely translated its 'carrots are good for you'

Guys,

Thanks for the feedback! I plan on keeping the 650R, but was just curious.

Winkel :)

Since nobody's said it yet....KaTooM! (For what that's worth...)

I like them, but also think they are expensive, awkward to maintain, and not any more reliable than the Big 4 Jap bikes. I'd go Honda , Yammie, Kaw, or Zook first.

I recall BASF was a similar acronym. Four German words/names that made no sense in English. "Badische Anilin- und Soda-Fabrik (Baden Aniline and Soda Factory)"