HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ricetuner

JD Jet Kit Install on 2004 WR450 - Where does that C-clip go???

3 posts in this topic

New '04 WR450 with GYT-R exhaust insert, YZ throttle stop, grey wire mod, and soon to be JD Jetting kit....run at sea level primarly in the desert/dunes.

Looking for some confirmation here. I just want to get it right the first time. I received my JD Jetting kit and upon reading was a bit confused. #4 states "Install the kit's BLUE needle with the C-clip in the 4th from top groove (middle) unless otherwise noted below." but, the 4th is crossed out and 3rd has been inserted. If I am correct in my assumption the C-clip should actually go in the fourth (4th) groove which is the middle groove. It appears the change was made to read "3rd down from the top groove" so people would not install the clip in the 5th groove.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

3rd is the third groove from the top. 4th the middle. I've heard they updated it from the 4th to 3rd. Too many people were getting a stutter from 1/4 to 1/2 steady throttle.

If I were you I'd try both pos. and see which one feels better. Also try the red needle as the temps are rising and you are probably going to need to use it soon.