HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

yz450riider

Getting first bike

7 posts in this topic

hey guys I'm getting my first bike. i have been riding a yfz450 for 6 years and want to make the switch to a bike. I want to know what you guys think of this bike I'm going to buy used. I would love your guys input. Also its a 2011 yz450f but i have read on the site a 2010 is a 2011, what does that really mean? 

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/5576326132.html

2010 was the first year of the Gen3 YZ450 with the rear slant cylinder and EFI.  The Gen3 was built from 2010 to 2013, inclusive.  All 4 are quite similar, but each year is improved over the previous in small ways.

That bike is over priced, IMO.  More like $3500

$3600 seems like a good deal. If you know someone with a GYTR tuner for the yamahas you can plug it in the bike and see exactly how many hours are on it...

If you know someone with a GYTR tuner for the yamahas you can plug it in the bike and see exactly how many hours are on it...

Unless the previous owner(s) reset the hours to zero one or more times. 

Unless the previous owner(s) reset the hours to zero one or more times.

How do i check with the gytr tuner