Where is my new 2016 WR450F?

So lame...

https://www.thumpertalk.com/index.php?/topic/1186684-$8700-otd#entry13122156

But it's part of the process, I know. I sense that we are perhaps only one more of these threads away from you pulling the trigger...unless you already did and you're just being sneaky and playing up the drama.

Wow, Mr Wet Blanket, you shall not dampen my spirits.....

I ground my local (closest) dealer yesterday before starting the post.....they had the bike 'on sale' for $7899.00......plus frieght and set up.

I'm like " I don't care about how you get there, but I'm at $8600 otd from another dealer (a lie) ".

" Oh that's less than what we pay for the bike..."

Huh??

Hah, they're full of shit.

I downgraded from a Husaberg FS550... ridiculously awesome bike... but that maintenance is a little much.

WR450 has the reliability I want, enough power for me, and light enough for me to enjoy riding in the dirt.

Oh, and it wasn't expensive... roughly half the price of what I could find a Euro bike for, but still with more reliability.

• Like 2

So my wife gives me the ok for a new bike. I immediately come here and see all this stuff on the 2016's. I'm completely stoked by all the praise the new bike is getting. So I go to the local dealership to put my sweaty palms on one. I get there to find a 2015 marked as a 2016. Sales guy comes up and I ask, "Have any 2016's?"

"You're hands are on it!"

"Nuh-uh! This looks nothing like the 2016 I saw on multiple websites."

"Don't know what to tell you..."

"This is a 2015..."

"No, its a 16..."

"No, it's a 15. Even the VIN says 15. Here's a pic of the 2016. See the difference?"

"Don't know what to say. That's the only 16 we have."

That's the last time I will ever go into that showroom.

I stop into an out of town shop when we traveled for some personal business. They have a 2016 on the floor. It's got a Q4 on it and Cycra Probends. I ask if it has the competition ECU. Sales guy says he knows nothing about the bike except its $9660 OTD. 

Like Krannie, I can't seem to pull the trigger. I know I want it, it's a matter of the cheap mo-fo in me saying get the best deal.

I was in Az and Las Vegas yesterday, and couldn't bring myself to stop and see. I brought a bike home while I was out of town on business once. That wasn't good for the marriage. 

I have a shop in Idaho that quoted me a great deal previously. I want to give them a shot, because I really have no other option. I'm guessing I'll get serious in September.

• Like 2

So my wife gives me the ok for a new bike. I immediately come here and see all this stuff on the 2016's. I'm completely stoked by all the praise the new bike is getting. So I go to the local dealership to put my sweaty palms on one. I get there to find a 2015 marked as a 2016. Sales guy comes up and I ask, "Have any 2016's?"

"This is a 2015..."

"No, its a 16..."

"No, it's a 15. Even the VIN says 15. Here's a pic of the 2016. See the difference?"

I stop into an out of town shop when we traveled for some personal business. They have a 2016 on the floor. It's got a Q4 on it and Cycra Probends. I ask if it has the competition ECU. Sales guy says he knows nothing about the bike except its $9660 OTD. 

Like Krannie, I can't seem to pull the trigger. I know I want it, it's a matter of the cheap mo-fo in me saying get the best deal.

I was in Az and Las Vegas yesterday, and couldn't bring myself to stop and see. I brought a bike home while I was out of town on business once. That wasn't good for the marriage. 

I have a shop in Idaho that quoted me a great deal previously. I want to give them a shot, because I really have no other option. I'm guessing I'll get serious in September.

That's a shame. Unfortunately this is the experience that most will have going to a dealer in the states..

• Like 1

"This is a 2015..."

"No, its a 16..."

I am generally not a violent person, but I probably would have punched that guy in the dick for being so stupid...............and an a-hole.

• Like 2

That's a shame. Unfortunately this is the experience that most will have going to a dealer in the states..

Actually I have had pretty good experiences in the smaller dealer shops here in the northeast. The big places filled with aholes are bad here too, but some of the smaller guys have been really good to work with.

Over the past couple of years I have bought a wr450, ttr110, and a Honda ATV from smaller guys and have been very pleased. Bought some stuff from one of the bigger powersports superstores before that and got treated like shit so I won't be going back to those kind of places in a hurry. The only problem with the smaller guys is selection is often pretty limited.

• Like 1

Now I'm leaning towards an FX, with a South Dakota license plate, WR headlight and tailight.

More 'upgrade' work is done already that way, and the fan, harness, brackets etc are already removed.

Then all I need is a tall seat, peg relocation brackets (fab), Scotts damper, suspension re-spring, radiator braces, shark fin, real skid plate, and a larger tank.