2017 WR450F

Is there a larger aftermarket fuel tank available for the 2016-17 WR450F Yamaha?

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1190822-2016-yz450f-acerbis-29-gal-tank-on-a-fx-or-wr/

There is also the crappy looking IMS shroud tank made for the WR or FX and one more 2.5 gal tank that IMS makes for the FX with a quick fill. It can be converted to a regular cap. Do a goggle search.

Edited by stevethe

I did the demo ride at the national enduro last week, rode the WR450 and 450FX back to back, the WR had controllable power, excellent suspension and turned as good or better than my Beta's, the FX seemed the the suspension was a smidge firmer but the power was instant and considerably more than the WR.

I need to replace my 2014 Beta 450rr this fall and am leaning toward the 450FX, I to need power to run a head light and hand warmers in the winter, can the power on the FX be easily altered or is it stuck in YZ mode .     

I did the demo ride at the national enduro last week, rode the WR450 and 450FX back to back, the WR had controllable power, excellent suspension and turned as good or better than my Beta's, the FX seemed the the suspension was a smidge firmer but the power was instant and considerably more than the WR.

I need to replace my 2014 Beta 450rr this fall and am leaning toward the 450FX, I to need power to run a head light and hand warmers in the winter, can the power on the FX be easily altered or is it stuck in YZ mode .     

FX power is altered with the tuner. The fx has the same amount of electric power on tap as the wr. Both bikes also have the same amount of horse power given the wr is de restricted and a rear section pipe is put on.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 1:42 PM, Krannie McKranface said:

I'm thinking of forgoing the WR in favor of the FX, and getting it plated in South Dakota (no inspection, done by mail)...then adding a Headlight and tailight with brakelight (lic plate holder), and that's it. 

The headlight would probably be direct to the battery only wired to a realy that only allows it to work when the motor is running. That way I can keep the stock stator.

Could you provide some more info on this? :thinking: