HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianVT

Radiator/cooling

4 posts in this topic

Stripped everything but motor and cleaned/greased. Just got the bike back together. Small hose is leaking at clamp going into top of left radiator. Only change I made was thermostat. Gave Parts+ guy the Napa number. Drilled hole in rim. The clamp is maxxed. It's a pretty wimpy clamp, though. Should I get a regular hose clamp or might there be something else going on (because of the new t-stat?) that's causing the leak.

T.i.a.,

try a new clamp-get a regualr hose clamp on there and make sure the hose is pulled all the way on--a bit of wd40 helps it slide on.

If the leak is at the hose, not at the thermostat-then its probalby the hose--make sure there arent any small cracks in the hose...

Thanks. Figured as much but I'm a little paranoid with my 1st liquid-cooled bike. Riding my 1st ride of the year next Sun. and also my 1st enduro. I'm fired up and I want to lose (C-vet) because of me, not the bike.

There wouldn't even be any pressure in the radiator if the t-stat wasn't working, right ?

Cheers,

just FYI i dont use a thermostat anymore on the BRP -and that includes some long races in low-40's temps...no problems at all-lots of others have just yanked it out as well...