HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Superman

RED HOT!?!?!?

11 posts in this topic

When I came in after a fairly short ride(about 30 min.), I was letting my bike idle for a minute with the gas off. It was pretty dark, and when I looked down, I noticed that my pipe, right where it comes out of the block was glowing red hot. Is this normal, or is it because my bike is running too lean? Please let me know.

Run a search and you'll find it's normal, and it's been asked 120,000 times before :)

This is a common phenom...it's how the male yz attracts females...let it happen, it's natural :)

:D Man you guys are cruel and mean hearted. SuperDude was asking a legit question in which he should be granted a legit answers.

Let me help SuperGuy :)

Thi sonly happens North of the California Boarder, It was first traced to some lone thumpers in Washington but has been seen as far as bend organ !

What you have is a problem with the rear apriture spring connected to the upper systemic Valve.

In order to fix this you have to lick the pipe cold with the tongue of a stray dog Live or dead dont matter, some say road kill cools it faster

Welcome to Thumpertalk :D

hey superman, welcome to TT,notice how everyone thinks they are cool because they have been here longer. The red pipe, it's all good. I sh@t my pants when i first saw my bike do that at night until these same clowns told me it was OK.

later

kevin d

and when you did your first oil change, was the oil......*gasp*.......b..bbbl.....black? :)

:D