YZ and KTM wheel swap

Looking to buy new wheels and hubs for an 07 YZ450F.  Found some from a 2006 KTM 450 with on 6hrs on them.  Rims and tire sizes look good, but will these bolt on to the YZ?  Spacers needed?  Let me know if anyone has any insight!

Front wheel will not work as the ktm front axle is bigger in diameter than the yz. This makes it impossible to find a bearing to the thinness required to make it work.

EDIT: the above was if you wanted to put the yz wheels on a ktm sorry about that.

To answer your question, yes they will work if you change the bearings, you might have to machine new spacers to get the correct alignment.

(are the brake disc the same size?)

The back wheel will work with a bearing change. But I do believe the ktm carries a 240mm rear disc whereas the yz has a 245mm.

Finding a 245mm with ktm bolt pattern is possible but difficult maybe a 990 disc would work but I'm not sure.

Spacers might be needed.

Hope this helps

Edited by dougla12

Don't do it!!! You will contaminate your yamaha.. lol

Don't do it!!! You will contaminate your yamaha.. lol

hahahaha. I know right? Im actually buying these for an employee of mine who bent them last year. Trying to get him riding again. Wasnt sure how this would work and was hoping it would be easier. Im all blue all day long!!

Feel free to pm me, but I have a Warp9, full 18" rear wheel, has a few hours on it, blue hub, blue wheel, has rotor and 0 hour MSR ironman sprocket 50t on it with new bolts. 25mm axle required. Nice complete wheel, had it as a spare, didn't see much use.

Looking to buy new wheels and hubs for an 07 YZ450F.  Found some from a 2006 KTM 450 with on 6hrs on them.  Rims and tire sizes look good, but will these bolt on to the YZ?  Spacers needed?  Let me know if anyone has any insight!

Not sure what your budget is but I bought a rear 18 for My 06 YZ450 from RMATV, its the Tusk impact complete wheel and is really good quality for the money. I have about 50 hours on it so far with no issues at all and they are quite a bit cheaper than the excel or even the Warp 9s new. 

Besides the differences in bearings, spacers and axels, you'd have to check the spacing between the hub centers and the sprocket and discs as well.

Did he just bend the rims? Why not just lace up some new hoops? It's not that hard. You can also find people posting 'how to's' all over the internet if needed. Should be cheaper than a couple wheel assemblies.