Kick start locked up! Need some help!

Alright guys got the head off. Here are some pictures. Looks like there was contact but very light. Probably from me kicking it when it first died. What do you guys thing? Whats my next step? ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1464832250.010834.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1464832274.603947.jpg

Since you have the head off, do the solvent test, if they still seal, I feel like it's probably ok. Gray would be much better to answer at this point as I've never had personal experience with this. Sorry.

Your input has been much appreciated silver! I agree with you, i think it's probably ok. Ill do a solvent test tomorrow. Im assuming a shop wouldnt be able to test the valves if i brought them the head? Or they would probably just do a solvent test too? Also, is it recommended to resurface the head before re-install? Or would a good cleaning do? I got new gaskets ordered.

I figure i may as well ask you all and get it done right the first time rather than a shot in the dark. I appreciate both of your speedy responses!

I'm not positive how a shop would test them with the head off the bike. But save yourself the money, the solvent test will tell you what you need to know. As far the the head, when I did mine, I just cleaned it very well. You can check it for flatness with a straight edge and resurface as needed, but if you weren't having issues with a leaky head before its most likely ok.

Stand the head on its exhaust port and fill the intake with solvent.  The most you want to see is the edges of the valves turn wet after a few seconds.  Anything faster and they've been bent. 

The valves themselves are not serviceable, so if they are damaged in any way, they need to be replaced and the seats refinished by a machine shop. 

Had some time today to wrench on the bike. Tested the valves, all looked good. Put it all back together with a new timing chain and tensioner, fired up on the first kick.

My bike was not a one kick bike when i bought it, but it is now! I think Gray's theory was correct about the bike sitting for so long, making the timing chain rust and stick, causing the chain to bind and jump time. It was larger than the new one and certainly had sticky links. Thank you guys for all the help!

Had some time today to wrench on the bike. Tested the valves, all looked good. Put it all back together with a new timing chain and tensioner, fired up on the first kick.

My bike was not a one kick bike when i bought it, but it is now! I think Gray's theory was correct about the bike sitting for so long, making the timing chain rust and stick, causing the chain to bind and jump time. It was larger than the new one and certainly had sticky links. Thank you guys for all the help!

Wonderful! Glad it all worked out!