Snrub0800

Best/most unrestrictive YZ exhaust

8 posts in this topic

WR owner comin over to y'all YZ guys. My bike desperately needs a new exhaust , what exhaust(including header) would be best for my 09 WR450?

i have the FMF factory 4.1 exhaust with the titanium megabomb header pipe on my 07 YZ450F and i love it...it really woke this thing up, i think i still don't have my jetting 100% but the bike flat out rips..of course i already put a little dent in the mega bomb part of the pipe tho, the flared out part of the pipe is pretty good sized on this application.  i really like it tho.

On a value basis alone, I would take the DRD full stainless system with the optional spark arrestor (removable).  Great all around exhaust at a reasonable price.

None of the YZ450F OEM pipes are significantly restrictive except the '08-'09 model "shorty" muffler setup.  That pipe is junk, and always was, thus the two years and out life cycle.

1 person likes this

On a value basis alone, I would take the DRD full stainless system with the optional spark arrestor (removable).  Great all around exhaust at a reasonable price.

None of the YZ450F OEM pipes are significantly restrictive except the '08-'09 model "shorty" muffler setup.  That pipe is junk, and always was, thus the two years and out life cycle.

So if I throw my 09 YZ450F stock muffler up on eBay it's not gonna fetch very many pennies?? :-)

Some people lust after them for their look.  Usually, they have an epiphany right after their first ride with one, but that will be their problem, not yours.

2 people like this

I put an 06 complete OEM System on my 09 and it helped...

Not sure how it compares to after market .

Edited by racer8

The '06 stock system is pretty good, and is within 1.5 HP of the best peak power systems available.  The DRD improves on the low and mid range a little, and it's lighter, but otherwise the stock '06 is a good one.