HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jasonmcc

should I but a new bike are keep mine

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I have a 1999 model wr400. With a yz tank/seat. White Brothers E-series pipe. Wolf 3d ignition. I was thinking about getting a new wr250f or 426f. But why should I get a new bike when mine still goes well. Should I just spend some money on mine to get it back to like new again or get a new one. What should i buy for it ? braided brake hose, head pipe, steering dampner? .

What do you reckon. Whats everyones thoughts on steering dampners I could see that they would be excellent especially in rocky terrain. Thanks Jason

Jason, I have a 99 WR, WrR timed, I don,t know why you would want a new bike if you are happy with the one you have. My suggestion is that you save your money and wait for an "E" button version. I know it will come. My suggestion is put on a Scott's damper and have a ball this year. You know the old saying, Why fix what ain't broke! Ron

Keep your bike, Jason. Maybe that new Honda CRF450-Offroad version will be the ticket in two years...???

or

Yamaha will "up the ante" w/ an improved, lighter WR...

------------------

'99 WZ with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.