HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Lawrence Olson

yz400f ?

6 posts in this topic

I have a 99yz400f. Bike has been giving me a problem :banghead: \. During the last ride towards the end of the ride i notice a loss in power and it was popping :facepalm: . Since then i have cleaned the carb and got it running nice no popping. takes a few kicks to start. but still have a no power problem. i know its a four stroke but think of it ths way i have no powerband. Almost like its in limp mode only applys so much power. could this be a cdi issue?

+1 on cam timing. Also check valve clearances, they can lead to problems with hot starting.

:thumbsup: thanks guys for the replies. it starts just fine when hot. runs and idles great. if your a mechanic think of it as its in limp mode :lame: 

forgot to add one thing a few times i would go to kick it over and it would act as if i had the decomp lever pulled. when i didn't. so i think yo may have something there with a valve problem :rolleyes: