HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

cowboyona426

450FX- relays under battery box

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone else pondered if a cover of some sort is needed for the fuses and relays that sit right under the battery box on top of the lower part of the rear fender?  They look to be very exposed and I worry about water and such fouling up the connections so I thought some sort of a cover may be beneficial, but then I started thinking about a cover holding water/mud/etc in there instead of allowing it to fall away more easily.  Has anyone had any issues or made a cover for their bike yet?

I made one for my bike just because it was unsightly.  I just used plastic from a 97 cent folder from Walmart.

cover.jpg

2 people like this

Someone on the 250 forum makes a nice one and he will send it to you cheap. Glen I think

I cover them in mountain bike tube and ran them up between the gas tank and battery. Zip tied them just below the seat

Yes, Light Speed Carbon makes a cover Part# 701-00314 see attached images 

you can contact  william@lightspeedcarbon.com

Dare I ask the price?

Someone on the 250 forum makes a nice one and he will send it to you cheap. Glen I think

If you can get me a user name that would be helpful, thanks.

I have left mine stock for 70 hours of torture with no issues. Suprisingly it stays very clean in there.

I have left mine stock for 70 hours of torture with no issues. Suprisingly it stays very clean in there.

+1.  Put the FX though some of the worst conditions I've ever been in and that area of the bike was still perfectly clean.  It may look a bit unfinished as is but it certainly gets the job done!

muddy450FX_small.jpg

Wrapped mine in mountain bike tube and routed them between the tank and battery just under the seat. Zip tied them to that cross bar