HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Kidrman

2015 WR450 fuel consumption

9 posts in this topic

I went on the third ride with my WR yesterday and the fuel light came on in only 30 miles. I have the competition ECU and FMF pipe, all else stock.

I am a very new rider so tend to be in a lower gear not going as fast as most. Is this consumption normal? What do others see?

1 person likes this

Sounds normal. Keep in mind the fuel light comes on quite prematurely. I can get about 60-70 miles out of a stock tank of gas messing around in supermoto trim and the light comes on in the 40's iirc. I have the ECU, screw, open airbox, pipe, and header. Running the FMF map. Gas hog indeed.

1 person likes this

Yup about normal, a 10 liter tank would be ideal for me. I normally carry two, 1 L fuel bottles with me.

1 person likes this

The IMS 3 gallon tank is well worth the money. I can go most of the day (riding hard) on one tank. Easy to put on and doesn't really effect the seating position or balance.

1 person likes this

And dirznuts is absolutely correct. The FMF map is a total hog. I ran that for a couple rides and found the bush and motocross maps are suitable replacement maps.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the response. I am running the out of the box map in the competition ecu.

Nice! I'm waiting for the Zacspeed recon to be back in stock. Great looking packs.

1 person likes this