engine oil question

a friend told me he got 10w/40 sj oil called 'delphy' which is a semi sintetic oil made in england. the price is less then half the price of other make and its not specified for motorcycles but for any modern car n motorcycle.

do u think its safe to give it a try? i change the engine oil after every 4 rides (300 km).

? First off

Dont Buy anything from the Brits ?

HAhe

Search for oil in the threads plenty of dicision making info there. Oil is personal Prefreance, Just make sure if you do get Synthetic that it is not energy absorbing. Some people here like Mobile 1, I like Castrol Actevo 20-50. Others like other oil, it is what you are comfortable with.

Yamalube is a good oil cheep and can be changed often enough

This is the only thing I found regarding Delphy Oil From England, I did a search for delphy oil in google and came up with this. Search for Oil

Intresting Peice

http://www.europrofem.org/02.info/21bullet/news_en/03_news.htm

[ March 26, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

[ March 26, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

Shawn I may be the "nut" you were referring to ? , I don't know if that's a back-handed compliment or what...... I didn't think I went crazy doing research but the stuff I did look into coupled with the info from Mike Gillory (see link above) I concluded you could safely run about anything as long as you change it freqently.