HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

kadowrf450

Exhaust systems

35 posts in this topic

I'm in Australia and have a 07 wr450f.motard that I also convert to dirt for trail and track riding and am Looking for people's reviews for best all round performance exhaust. Full or just a slip on

I'm not out to set any race records or anything just after a bit more grunt, style and sound. Cheers.

Just about any straight through perforated core slip on or full exhaust works. Which is about what all of them amount to. Pick one.

By the way whatever the power bombs do down low appear to loose up top.

Does anyone think the fmf powercore 4 is too load for street use

Depends on where you live. My friend has one. The full pipe and powercore with fresh packing and a spark arrestor is not too bad.

No spark arrestor and worn out packing is on the loud side.

I prefer relatively quiet, it lets me get away with more.

1 person likes this

That isn't my experience. Noise mostly goes behind you, while most threats are in front of you. 

Powercore 4 should not be too loud. We use the 4.1 with a spark aressotor on the street. But as said make sure your packing is not blown out.

Edited by stevethe

Thanks guys. I just don't need the hassle from the cops over it. I've watched a few you tube videos and it does sound good but it's hard to tell exactly how loud it is

That isn't my experience. Noise mostly goes behind you, while most threats are in front of you.

Its not an opinion... Loud exhausts save lives!

Its harder to hear from the front, so the louder it is, the easier (slightly) it will be to hear. It matters most when that little old lady doesnt see your bike, but heard that monsterous exhaust pipe. Or especially when youre lanesharing.

Off road, I like quiet exhaust. The quieter, the better.

In my experience with street bikes and exhaust, ive never had a cop bother me with full yoshi systems (florida, nevada/cali, Massachusetts)

Edited by Zbackcountry

If it's "not an opinion", could you provide a source that backs it up (meaning some sort of study), or are you just convinced based on your experience?

A YZ header and a modded original can. Renovering the peashooter and drill some new holes through the 3 Chambers.

Quiet, cheap

If it's "not an opinion", could you provide a source that backs it up (meaning some sort of study), or are you just convinced based on your experience?

Look up "loud exhaust saves lives" on youtube. Idk if I would call that proof, because it's hard to prove in the real world. Its proven through scientific law..

If your heard sooner than later, theoretically it should help people see you too. Some youtube videos provide evidence

Edited by Zbackcountry

Look up "loud exhaust saves lives" on youtube. Idk if I would call that proof, because it's hard to prove in the real world. Its proven through scientific law..

If your heard sooner than later, theoretically it should help people see you too. Some youtube videos provide evidence

In other words, no specific evidence, and another claim of "it's proven through scientific law" without providing any evidence of it. 

In other words, no specific evidence, and another claim of "it's proven through scientific law" without providing any evidence of it.

Louder sounds (within our range of hearing) will be easier to hear. INCREASING OTHER PEOPLES AWARENESS. How does that not make sense to you? Edited by Zbackcountry

Dubach Racing (MX series) for racing.

Ducach Racing (Baja series) for not racing.

I can't find anything about their Baja Series, only MX (and I suspect you mean Dubach for both). Is it the same pipe with a quiet insert of some sort?