HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

yamhammer

Fuel Tank Hardware

3 posts in this topic

Hi

So I just splurged a bit and got the Acerbis 6.6 gallon behemoth of a tank for my 2003 WR450F and while not a problem per se, they expect the original mounting hardware to be re-used, while I was hoping to be able to quick change if I saw fit.

I checked ebay and failed to find any such thing. Hoping perhaps somebody here has a set to part with or knows where I can get it.

Specifically I seek the attach point for the seat, the peg for the rubber strap, and the 2 brackets/knobs that engage the rubber mounts on the frame rail.

Thanks!

Hi

So I just splurged a bit and got the Acerbis 6.6 gallon behemoth of a tank for my 2003 WR450F and while not a problem per se, they expect the original mounting hardware to be re-used, while I was hoping to be able to quick change if I saw fit.

I checked ebay and failed to find any such thing. Hoping perhaps somebody here has a set to part with or knows where I can get it.

Specifically I seek the attach point for the seat, the peg for the rubber strap, and the 2 brackets/knobs that engage the rubber mounts on the frame rail.

Thanks!

All the parts you need are a your local Yamaha dealer.............

Ah yes

Not used to having a vehicle that still has parts available from the dealer.... long since discontinued is the typical story