2014 wr450f axle nuts

Trying to torque the axle nuts on my bike to spec but i dont have sockets that big. Out buying 2 sockets soon, anyone one with this year bike know what is the front and rear size nut ?

27mm I believe, but mine is an '07 too.

Everywhere ive seen says 22 front and 27 rear but thats on the older model, pre 12'. Not sure if its different on mine but wanted to see if anyone with this year model bike knew for sure.

Trying to torque the axle nuts on my bike to spec but i dont have sockets that big. Out buying 2 sockets soon, anyone one with this year bike know what is the front and rear size nut ?

22 and 27 on my 2014

That was my guess but wanted to be sure.

Edited by Turtlerider

22 and 27 on my 2014

Cool, thanks man. Much appreciated

In a pinch (or every time you do the job if you're me), you can use a 7/8" on the front if you don't have a 22mm.

In a pinch (or every time you do the job if you're me), you can use a 7/8" on the front if you don't have a 22mm.

Someone said the same thing, and a 1" 1/16 socket on the rear? But thats why im buying the correct sockets, so i have them since i will use them often.

Thanks everyone as any input is always helpful.

Good point. I learned the approximate torque by tightening the axle nut with my wrench, then verifying with my torque wrench. I did this many, many, many times, and can now tighten with the axle wrench and get similar accuracy as with the torque wrench. Certainly a nice ability when needed on the trail. However, I'll still use the torque wrench to make sure on target.