HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jamracing

For all the Supermoto deviants...

6 posts in this topic

I got in so much trouble with my XL600 back in the 80's. That thing is a high speed pursuit waiting to happen.

Hey ShawnMC,

You said something about high-speed pursuits?? Look at that photo again and see what's parked across the street!!! :)

Do you guys use wheels with rubber shock damers in the hubs when you make these things street legal? If not, how does the gear box hold up on the street? Just curious. ;P

Actually, I spoke with Don Canet (editor at Cycle World, and a long time Supermoto freak), and he said he never heard of a gearbox failure due to the street tires.

The Sheriff (and the FHP next door) are neighbors, and pretty much harmless...Good thing too.

Took the bike out Thursday night, and it was just plain stupid...Crossed up wheelies coming out of every corner, awesome accelaration (no wheel spin like in the dirt), and the brakes were even decent. Can't wait to get the shorter chain so I can fit the 16/42 sprockets :)