2012 cracked frame

I have searched and haven't found a crack like mine. Wondering if this is a repairable crack or total loss? I don't know much about welding and I'm trying to see what the consensus is before I go looking for a new frame. I'm also going to look again on the mating welds for cracks like I've seen on other yz450f. I bought this bike from a vet expert who raced both track and scrambles last summer in Florida with a good amount of hours on the bike minus freshly rebuilt engine. I've been finding lots of things needing replacement and though I was almost done until I found this.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461038791.059818.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1461038808.941157.jpg

I'm not an expert, but I imagine it's repairable. 

Aluminum is very sensitive to heat treatment, and after welding it's a lot softer/weaker than before. I suspect a plate over it would help reduce the odds of it cracking again. Luckily it's in an easy place to see. If you do have it repaired, inspect it before every ride.

i don't know man, that's a pretty gnarly crack, and it snakes down into a welded joint..i don't think i'd weld that one..every time i hit a big jump i would be wondering if my bike is going to break in half when i land, especially when i screwed up a really hard landing.  just my opinion tho, i'm not a welder.

I've been looking on eBay for frames and I can't find a 2012 but have found 2011 frames (should be the same but not sure and bike is titled in Florida) but the funds for a frame are not in the immediate future and the placement of the crack makes me think I should just look for a new one. I'm in Utah now so I think I could find someone who works with building high end aluminum chassis to weld it but wonder how much cost could be. I just dropped a good chunk of money on a swing arm, yoshi exhaust, tires, bearings, suspension overhaul and set up for me and now the possibility of not rising this year is driving me crazy haha.

Edited by Rexxxsi1989