HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MX_Tuner

I Need Some Head....

13 posts in this topic

Well, I need *a* head actually. Pulled a '98 400 apart last night to find why it was using coolant. It is cracked in two places. Anyone have a good used head for a '98 or '99 400 laying around?

I don't have a head for you, but do you have any ideas as to why it cracked? Did you get low on coolant or did it boil?

It took me 6 months of looking to find one used. Thanks to dirtbikedave, I finally got one.

Being aluminum, it can be fixed. Ive seen some aluminum big block chevy heads, that were, what looked like toast, saved to race another day. Not a lot makes a bigger mess than a 2 1/4 inch valve head on the loose in a combustion chamber! Cost me 1100 bucks to fix it, but it saved my 4000 dollar head.

hey ...........<font color=blue><center><h1>TRY HERE</h1></center>

I just stumbled on it last nite searching ebay for odds and ends.........I picked up a whole upper/lower/bar mounts/bearings/bolt (front end minus forks) for 15 BUCKS the other day!!!

good luck bidding :)

Man for a second I thought Tuner had mistakenly meant to post on the Yahoo Personals site! LOL

redeemerwhore.gif

G-Man

[ March 25, 2002: Message edited by: G-Man ]

Thanks MXTuner, for the great job on my bike.

If you ever get a chance to watch this guy wrench...Well, I just can't say enough here.

I'm a long time browser, first time poster. I look forward to reading the post here everyday. I especially like the good humor of the members (Egoahole cracks me up). :) Thanks for putting this site together, it rocks.

Anyway, I'm thumpin again. Thanks again MXTuner. Hope to see you Sunday on the trails.

RL

Originally posted by MX Tuner:

No, we're not. We got outbid by two dollars in the last 30 seconds!

Thanks anyway.

Sniper bidders. Da*m Bastages.