08 yz450f

Just traded my 02 crf450r for a 08 yz450f and so far I love it, it's already sprung for my weight, needs new grips and graphics but is there any weak spots on these bikes and what are some good mods?

Nothing wrong with the 08 YZ. I would put a pro Moto billet end on the muffler and knock out the baffles. Send the carb to Zipty racing for all the mods and get the emulsion tube working in the fcr carb.

Lots of good info on the FAQ sticky. Check you chain rub plate and swing arm. The '07 I just bought is SUPER clean and well maintained, but the owner did not ever check under the rub plate and the swing arm does have minor wear that could be problematic had I not noticed it now.

Lots of good info on the FAQ sticky. Check you chain rub plate and swing arm. The '07 I just bought is SUPER clean and well maintained, but the owner did not ever check under the rub plate and the swing arm does have minor wear that could be problematic had I not noticed it now.

The slider is wore but I've ordered a new TM designworks chain slider and guide. Swingarm doesn't seem to be hurt though.

One thing I have noticed is the power delivery is a lot smoother and more manageable on this bike than my crf and that's what I like most about it.

Just traded my 02 crf450r for a 08 yz450f and so far I love it, it's already sprung for my weight, needs new grips and graphics but is there any weak spots on these bikes and what are some good mods?

I put an FMF 4.1 muffler with the power bomb header, went bigger on the rear sprocket by 2 teeth, and it is a totally different animal!!!! The power is still smooth, just comes on WAAAAAAY better in the low end and midrange.