IMS 3.0 tank on YZ450FX

After 17 years on KTMs/Husabergs I am considering a YZ450FX.  Like any bike this one will need a few additional parts to be perfect for me.  The first is a bigger tank.  I see IMS makes a 2.5 and 3.0 for this bike.  Has anyone tried the 3.0?

Other parts it will need for Montana single track are hand guards, different skid plate, and basic lights.  The WR headlight is not my favorite so I will need to find something I like.  Getting a plate in Montana is super easy so it will have that too.

After 17 years on KTMs/Husabergs I am considering a YZ450FX. Like any bike this one will need a few additional parts to be perfect for me. The first is a bigger tank. I see IMS makes a 2.5 and 3.0 for this bike. Has anyone tried the 3.0?

Other parts it will need for Montana single track are hand guards, different skid plate, and basic lights. The WR headlight is not my favorite so I will need to find something I like. Getting a plate in Montana is super easy so it will have that too.

The IMS 3.0 replaces the schrouds, very ugly! 2.5 does not. However it

Might give you what you need.

Edited by RMK800

I just talked to IMS doesn't the fx have a low fuel light. They said the 2.5 gal. tank wouldnt fit on the WR450 due to it having a low fuel light.

The 2.5 gal. tank would work with the stock shrouds on the fx but I understand you remove the seat fuel cap cover.