stevethe

GYTR tuner map all 4's for advance

6 posts in this topic

Anybody try all 4's in the advance section for a map it's suppose to be a 1 degree advance per number. I read where they tested a full GYTR YZ450 ported head and high compression piston and all. They said the Yamaha tech went all 4's on advance on all the maps and one of the fuel maps looked like this Map_zps1gkzcjiu.jpg

One degree per each +/- 1 on the tuner?  That seems high by a factor of at least two given the range. 

Interesting.  Always suspicious of magazine articles as technical info sources.  What's the max you can go either way with the timing?

Interesting.  Always suspicious of magazine articles as technical info sources.  What's the max you can go either way with the timing?

You can go four advanced and four retarded. I agree with you on the magazine article but I imagine they wouldn't let you go too far on the timing where as to cause problems?

I don't either, but 4 degrees plus or minus sounds OK.  For some reason, I thought the timing number range was as large as that for fuel, like +7 or so, and in that case, 1 degree each sounded like too much.