Removing stock exhaust on YZ450FX

Can't get the #2 section off of my bike. The manual says to remove the starter. Does anyone have the secret to getting the pipe off without removing the starter? Thanks.

Yes you don't need to remove the starter. The pipe pulls from the right side and it's just real tight. I should mention that's on the 2016 WR450 however likely identical on the fx.

Edited by stevethe

I walked away from it. I'll see what tomorrow brings. Every attempt I made just couldn't find a path out!

I had pretty much the same experience. One hard pull did it out the right but line it up first.

I had pretty much the same experience. One hard pull did it out the right but line it up first.

:devil:

Can't get the #2 section off of my bike. The manual says to remove the starter. Does anyone have the secret to getting the pipe off without removing the starter? Thanks.

It comes off prett easy alittle tight. I put a FMF full system on this winter its abit of a pain getting the front piece on above the starter but fits by with alittle force and twisting. The second time i had it off and on did some engine work to bike, i pulled the starter heat shield off it gave me more remove to get it in place 

Got it off with the heat shield removed. Talk about a close fit...