HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Mr426f

Throttle Response

13 posts in this topic

Hi, My name is Tre, Just recently joined this grou.. Like 10 mins ago lol just have a question! Are people still doing BK mod or Oring mod?

Hi, My name is Tre, Just recently joined this grou.. Like 10 mins ago lol just have a question! Are people still doing BK mod or Oring mod?

Yes.

Depends on the specific carb

A stiffer pump spring is a better option (FCR MX/CR only)

Not much chatter these days about the old BK mod.  Most guys have probably either done it by now or have no idea what it even is.  I never noticed a tremendous difference when I did it to my old 00 YZ426 but I'm not a jetting expert.

The main thing is pump squirt timing per the manual.  Most of the problem with the 426 was the squirt was too long and too early.  The O-ring mod shouldn't be used on the 426, and for 450's, the heavier linkage spring mentioned works better.

I doubt they exist for a 426.  But the problems with a 426 was not, for the second time, a matter of a weak accelerator pump shot, it was too long a squirt duration, and too early.