Snrub0800

2014 wr450f fuel light not coming on

4 posts in this topic

Bought a bike used that the guy did stuff to make it street legal, the issue I'm having is that they put on a Baja designs key ignition that plugs in place of the stock on/off switch. I put the original switch back because I do all trail riding and don't need a key but I do need a fuel light. And I ran completely out of gas and the light never came on. I was thinking maybe the bike harness plug to the on/off switch was repinned maybe? But I also can't find a wiring diagram . Does anyone know if it's possible that the plug was repinned for the key ignition to work? Because the stock on/off works fine plugged in now except for the fuel light. Any help is appreciated.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1460237687.888759.jpg

Bought a bike used that the guy did stuff to make it street legal, the issue I'm having is that they put on a Baja designs key ignition that plugs in place of the stock on/off switch. I put the original switch back because I do all trail riding and don't need a key but I do need a fuel light. And I ran completely out of gas and the light never came on. I was thinking maybe the bike harness plug to the on/off switch was repinned maybe? But I also can't find a wiring diagram . Does anyone know if it's possible that the plug was repinned for the key ignition to work? Because the stock on/off works fine plugged in now except for the fuel light. Any help is appreciated. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1460237687.888759.jpg

yes you can. I did it with mine. I'll see if I can find my diagrams of when I did mine it was surprisingly difficult making it work. I needed 3 pins from the key harness and the button. it took me 2 hours to figure it out re pinning wires. I'll try and save you the time

yes you can. I did it with mine. I'll see if I can find my diagrams of when I did mine it was surprisingly difficult making it work. I needed 3 pins from the key harness and the button. it took me 2 hours to figure it out re pinning wires. I'll try and save you the time

You ever find the diagram?