HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blackjack

Canadian Bikes

7 posts in this topic

I have tried to search and read up on the difference between the Canadian and American bikes but have not found what I am looking for. Anyone know if the resale value is lower on a Canadian bike? Anyone know of the differences if any I would greatly appreciate it. Motorcycle-brokers.com seems like a great deal I am just wondering if I am overlooking something.

They are mostly the same. The U.S has a different exhaust end ,jetting,stupid grey wire and throttle stop.About resale I'm not sure on differences. A used 03 Wr450 around here goes for $6500-$6800 Canadian.

Thanks for the info.

I am guessing since there was not other comments either a. There are no real major difference or b. no one really knows?

They are mostly the same. The U.S has a different exhaust end ,jetting,stupid grey wire and throttle stop.About resale I'm not sure on differences. A used 03 Wr450 around here goes for $6500-$6800 Canadian.

good to know that i have not these! I'm in Qc :) this will be my 1st year on a 426 :D I'm already in love with it! My previous bike was a xt225 :D

Bought mine used with 30km on it. Yeah, there's another difference, you'll be measuring your rides in km vs miles. : )

Also, you'll get poked fun at for having the quietest bike in the woods. I haven't ridden anything else to tell you any power differences, but my bike is really quite.

But hey, I paid $4700 US for a '02 426 Fall of '02. Go :)

Good luck to ya and enjoy your new machine.

- Ryan

Bought my then new '03 Wr450F. Read all theses American troubles, got me worried. Had the recall done on my bike, still troubles after many a kilometer. BIG WHEW. Went to the dealer where I use to work said they would give me $6400 for mine in primo shape (new plastic and tires). For that trade in I am going to stay with '03 for a while. Dogbite is right with differencs. I noticed the CDN '04 exhaust is like the American '03 and '04. On the YZ's the exhaust has been different to since '98. :)

many canadian shops will ship a 450 crated stateside at a significant savings after shipping and exchnage rate are factored. pm me if you want a resonable dealers number. regardless of which exhaust tip received, get the dr.d system for more growl and bite! :)