Canadian Bikes

I have tried to search and read up on the difference between the Canadian and American bikes but have not found what I am looking for. Anyone know if the resale value is lower on a Canadian bike? Anyone know of the differences if any I would greatly appreciate it. Motorcycle-brokers.com seems like a great deal I am just wondering if I am overlooking something.

They are mostly the same. The U.S has a different exhaust end ,jetting,stupid grey wire and throttle stop.About resale I'm not sure on differences. A used 03 Wr450 around here goes for $6500-$6800 Canadian.

Thanks for the info.

I am guessing since there was not other comments either a. There are no real major difference or b. no one really knows?

They are mostly the same. The U.S has a different exhaust end ,jetting,stupid grey wire and throttle stop.About resale I'm not sure on differences. A used 03 Wr450 around here goes for $6500-$6800 Canadian.

good to know that i have not these! I'm in Qc :) this will be my 1st year on a 426 :D I'm already in love with it! My previous bike was a xt225 :D

Bought mine used with 30km on it. Yeah, there's another difference, you'll be measuring your rides in km vs miles. : )

Also, you'll get poked fun at for having the quietest bike in the woods. I haven't ridden anything else to tell you any power differences, but my bike is really quite.

But hey, I paid $4700 US for a '02 426 Fall of '02. Go :)

Good luck to ya and enjoy your new machine.

- Ryan

Bought my then new '03 Wr450F. Read all theses American troubles, got me worried. Had the recall done on my bike, still troubles after many a kilometer. BIG WHEW. Went to the dealer where I use to work said they would give me $6400 for mine in primo shape (new plastic and tires). For that trade in I am going to stay with '03 for a while. Dogbite is right with differencs. I noticed the CDN '04 exhaust is like the American '03 and '04. On the YZ's the exhaust has been different to since '98. :)

many canadian shops will ship a 450 crated stateside at a significant savings after shipping and exchnage rate are factored. pm me if you want a resonable dealers number. regardless of which exhaust tip received, get the dr.d system for more growl and bite! :)