HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toten

YZ426F plastics upgrade

3 posts in this topic

This past weekend I picked up an 02 YZ426F supermoto trackbike. Supposedly has a 448 kit in it (no evidence of it) and fairly recent rebuild, and very well built: Brembo RCS master, Braking 4pot caliper, Braking 320mm rotor, Racetech G2R valving in the shock, full FMF , feels like it has a slipper (seller wasn't sure), bar busters, axle/peg sliders, etc. Also came with a dual sport kit (full harness, stator, rotor, lighting, etc) that I'll need to find a new owner for. 

Obviously it looks fairly dated at this point. I was wondering whether there are any plastics that're an easy swap. I have an 05 YZ250F tank/shrouds/seat that I'd like to make fit, as well as a newer tail, but I can buy things if needed. Will they fit? If so, is there anything odd I need to do for it?

Also, I've had a WR450 plated supermoto for a year or so now, but I'm new to MX bikes. Is there anything I should do to it before taking it to the track? It has clean oil in it.

Thanks for any advice.

12440815_10102329776680715_3825953612363

Edited by toten

Obviously it looks fairly dated at this point. I was wondering whether there are any plastics that're an easy swap. I have an 05 YZ250F tank/shrouds/seat that I'd like to make fit, as well as a newer tail, but I can buy things if needed. Will they fit? If so, is there anything odd I need to do for it?

12440815_10102329776680715_3825953612363

From the Common Threads "sticky": http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/130048-450-plastic-on-426-complete-with-pics/ ('03-'05 YZ250f plastics are the same as the 450's those years.)