Should I put the 08 cams in my 07 engine?

I have both, just wondering.........

You could. Why would you?

You could. Why would you?

I didn't know if the cam profile was better in 08 than in 07.

I guess it isn't

It's different.  Whether that's better depends on what you're looking for, which is why I asked why.

You would end up with slightly less low end than you have, with slightly more on top.  One combination I know has been tried a couple times with good results was to use the '08-'09 intake cam with an exhaust cam from either an '06 or an '07 (which are two different cams, BTW).  You get slightly less gain on top and slightly less loss on the bottom. 

It's different. Whether that's better depends on what you're looking for, which is why I asked why.

You would end up with slightly less low end than you have, with slightly more on top. One combination I know has been tried a couple times with good results was to use the '08-'09 intake cam with an exhaust cam from either an '06 or an '07 (which are two different cams, BTW). You get slightly less gain on top and slightly less loss on the bottom.

I might swap out the intake cam down the road, but I am going to leave it. I ride about 70% woods and 30% track, plus I am 6'3 250 lbs so the more low end the better lol

Thanks

In that event, the trick for your '07 would be both the exhaust cam and the CDI from an '06. 

In that event, the trick for your '07 would be both the exhaust cam and the CDI from an '06.

Ok, thanks.